Connecting experts, driving innovation.
As an initiative of the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, network projects aim to promote long-term relationships between key industrial multipliers and businesses with Chinese partners.
Welcome to get to know our cooperations and connect with Berlin's China business community.
AsiaBerlin, powered by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, forms a collective platform that brings together communities within startup ecosystems across Asia and Berlin. AsiaBerlin enables relationship-building among investors, startups, and bridge builders by organising monthly AsiaBerlin events and delegation trips to Berlin and Asia throughout the year.
The former entity of Plug and Play was founded in 1998. Plug and Play was formally established in Silicon Valley in 2006 and has co-working spaces and regional offices in 30 countries and regions worldwide. Founded in 2015, Plug and Play China currently has 3 regional innovation centers in Beijing (headquarters), Shanghai and Shenzhen, There are five main business sectors across our platform including investment, corporate innovation, startup incubation and acceleration, cross-border innovation and co-working space.
The Berlin Business Desk and Plug and Play (China) are official partners for Startup cooperation and Startup exchange between Berlin and China since 2020. Together, they work on a variety of topics to foster innovation, set trends in mobility, smart cities, or fintech, help empowering women in leadership, and more.
Berlin's network for the promotion and support of SMEs in the German capital region for the initiation and implementation of economic cooperation with Chinese companies for the automotive supplier industry. BeCAN supports SME's threefold,
- with information and motivation,
- support in cooperation processes,
- and longterm strategic cooperations.
Initiated by the Berlin-Brandenburg automotive association, this network connects Berlin and China for mobility solutions.
The internationalisation project "Innovations for a Global Market - Cooperation Network Berlin & China (CN-BC)" supports new business partnerships between Berlin and China in the green tech, UX and design industries.
The project runs from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2022 in partnership between the International Design Center Berlin (IDZ) and Sqetch by Sourcebook GmbH.
CN-BC is federally funded through the Berlin based funding program for network-building and internationalization “Förderprogramm für Internationalisierung - Netzwerk Richtlinie”, co-funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund).
It aims at exchanging knowledge, building networks and promoting the Berlin innovation ecosystem. CN-BC supports the networking between:
- Berlin-based companies and experts in UX/UI design, digital strategy, industrial and service design, sustainable technologies and
- Chinese companies, universities, research institutions, business organizations and professional networks
- Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Investment info, landing support, networking opportunities, delegation trips to China
- BMWi – German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Chinese Embassy in Germany
- Travel info, visa and consular services
- CHKD - Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Germany
- German market entry info
- Fairs, delegations
- German Embassy China
- IBB - Investment Bank Berlin
- Funding opportunities in Berlin